A DigitalWheat custom-designed app provided a Shopify Plus retailer with improved gift card features, customer experience, and deliverability.
Fashion retailer and manufacturer.
- California, United States
- Our Role
- Shopify Plus Consulting,
Shopify App Development,
Our customer wanted several key features added to their default gift card offerings in their Shopify store:
- They wanted their customers to be able to enter a gift card recipient, sender, and a custom message when purchasing gift cards.
- They wanted their customers to have the ability to choose a specific time to send the gift card email.
- They wanted the gift card to be automatically sent to the recipient via email.
- If the gift card email was opened, an automatic notification should be sent to the gift card sender.
- Store staff needed a way to see if the recipient had opened the gift card email, and if the link inside the email had been clicked, and if the gift card code had been used.
Our solution was to develop a custom app for our customer that included the following features:
- We designed several fully-customizable gift card email templates.
- Previously, our customer used Shopify’s default Gift Card feature to issue gift cards. Instead, we used Shopify’s Gift Card API, Mailgun API and Webhooks to issue improved gift cards.
- Mailgun’s Webhooks provided the ability to track and analyze email open and click events.
With our improved and customizable application, our customer was able to improve conversion rates with their gift card emails. Implementing enhanced gift card features caused gift card sales to increase threefold. The customers were delighted with the new, convenient features and especially with the delayed deliverability option. They were happy to send gift cards in advance without worrying about sending the card manually. Convenience and ease-of-use enabled our customer to increase their sales numbers significantly.
Have a project in mind?
Let’s talk!GET A QUOTE